From a number of different sources, Dave has learned that the engine stumbling on acceleration (especially when accelerating through a corner) may be due to one or more of the following (in order of ease of repair) - There may be water in the gas. See our Water in the Gas Discussion.
Physics 351 umich
- Feb 15, 2014 · It is possible that the engine coolant sensor could be providing a false reading. The electrical plug should also be cleaned for that sensor.
- An engine that sputters = an engine that feels like it's about to turn off and/or die. If I can read the rpm properly, idle rpm is bout 750rpm's, the mark right before 1000 rpm. The needle gets close to 500rpm's when iddle or swings betweek 500-750rpm's.
This only happens when the engine comes up to full temperature and the rpm settles at its usual 800 level. After 10-15 seconds the emissions light will start flashing and the revs become erratic with alot of vibrations and nasty burble. Restarting the engine will cure the problem and the light will stay on for 3-4 engine restarts and then go off.
- Engine sputters when idle, does not hesitate or sputter w... The bike was started to hesitate at idle when stopped at traffic lights and when going off the line for the first meters, until the revs got up a bit.
When in idle its a lil rough. And when i start driving and is at 1500 rpms it starts hesitating/ sputtering until about 2000 rpms but when WOT it runs perfectly fine.
- Idle Speed Control on Late 7xx/9xx. On late model cars such as yours, the idle speed is controlled by a bypass system. When your foot is off the gas, the throttle plate is fully closed and a separate idle control valve admits the required amount of air to get the engine to idle at 750 rpm. This separate valve is controlled by the computer.
Contributor. 31 Answers. Re: Engine sputters when idling, also has trouble... It could be many different problems. Honda's are notorious for idle air control valves going bad. I would check the plugs and wires for the accelerating problem first.
- Friend of mine bought this car as is, it was very inexpensive. She was acting bad first as far as dash flashing and so forth we put a new battery all was good, but it kept having a check engine light on and a sputtering, rough idle at start up. Even when it's warm, same thing, but only at idle.
Jun 11, 2011 · I think your engine is a 1.9L though so it shouldn't have a balance shaft so that's not a problem! I don't think you can change idle using VCDS. My best guess: bad engine mounts but as you said, the engine doesn't move when revving. However, the engine mounts have historically been a weak point.
- Sputters while idling, ideas? Chesticles. Member. 2004 nissan xterra. When engine was cool, the rotor was moving in all the thick grease so no problem. Once engine warmed up, the grease thinned out and was rotating in all the metal shavings causing it to lock up.
Jeep sputters when driving... Occurs mostly at cruising speeds 40-65 mph but after engine is warm it occurs at all speeds. Doesn't occur in neutral, just when i'm giving it gas. Doesn't happen when engine is cold, so when I first get up it drives fine.
- Jan 25, 2006 · Consistent Idle problem, sputter @ idle-3000. Jump to Latest Follow ... now during this low rpm idle/almost stall. i can give it gas and the engine revs up, but wants ...
Aug 09, 2012 · If its flashing that can be a misfire. coil or plugs.Also could be the idle air control valve. Maybe they forgot to put oil in it. Could happen... check your oil and coolant.